Wednesday, April 28, 2010

11 Months & Our New Addition

Today our Little Peanut is 11 months old. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I mean some days/weeks go by slow (especially when I'm being impatient) but when I look back to when we first saw Wesley's sweet face in November, I can't believe that he's almost a year old. We sent off his 1st birthday care package to Colorado today. One of my adoption mom friends has graciously offered to take it with her when she travels early May (thanks K). Although I'm sad that we will not be celebrating Wesley's special day with him, I know that his foster mom will make it a great day for him.

Now, on to the recent exciting news in our family. My little brother's fiance Kelli delivered their baby boy this past Friday evening. It is my brother Jonathan's first child and he is absolutely beautiful. His name is Brooks Jonathan. In our family, on my father's side, if you have a son, they take the father's first name as their middle name. I'm not really sure how far back this goes, but I think it's pretty cool. Here is a photo of my adorable nephew.


There really isn't any new "news" on an estimated travel date for us to pick up Wesley. The next batch of exit permits should be submitted within the next day or so. I'm praying that a few of my adoption mom friends will be in this batch! Hopefully, this will also give us an indication of some sort of whether we will be submitted in May or June. Either way, I know it's coming soon. Hang on Wesley, Mommy & Daddy are coming for you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, the nephew...cute....and I work with new borns and truly he's a cutie. I will watch for your package. Hope all is well with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the adorable nephew! We're sending our 1st birthday package too! It's a sad one to miss but I had a lot of fun putting together our package. I hope Wesley enjoys his and I hope we're submitted May instead of June!!

    ReplyDelete