Thursday, April 1, 2010

Positive Day & Songs For Our Boy

Today was a great day for my adoption mom friends. Many FINALLY got the good news that their exit permits were submitted to the Korean government. Hopefully, they will all travel within the next month or so to pick up their precious children. This was some positive news that we all needed to hear after a few months of hearing news of delays. So, it was a day filled with smiles and well wishes. Congrats to my fellow adoption moms - I'm sooo happy for you!!!

In celebration of this happy news, I decided to play my iTunes "Baby Mix" on the computer at work this afternoon to get through the rest of my day. Those of you that know me well know that I'm a big music fan and that I LOVE making mixes. So, I thought that I would share my top 10 favorite songs that remind me of or that celebrate our sweet Wesley. Enjoy!

Top 10 Wesley/Baby Boy Songs (not in any particular order)
1. Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) - John Lennon
2. Little Star - Madonna
3. Baby - Dave Matthews
4. I Am A Child - Neil Young
5. God Bless The Child - Shania Twain
6. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life - Stevie Wonder
7. I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack w/Sons of the Desert
8. Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
9. Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
10. Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) - Dixie Chicks

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for being here with me through all this. What a journey?! No one could have prepared me for this and no one could relate to what it's like unless you're living it. You've been a great source of support and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mix!! I'll have to grab some of these for my collection. The other few songs I love that you might try are Bill Joel "Lullaby" I love love that song. I also like the Beatle or Sarah McLachlan "Black Bird", Rita Bolche "Dream, Dream, Dream" (she has a whole album of little boy songs), Ron Abel/Mary Vanarsdel "Moon River", Julie Andrews "Stay Awake".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy - have you seen (or heard) the Beatles lullaby CD? It's really cool - all Beatles songs done in lullaby form. I love it!

    ReplyDelete