Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big Disappointment

Well, this isn't the post I thought I would be writing this week. I was hoping to be tell you all that our EP (exit permit) had been submitted and that we were on track to travel in July. After learning that other families had been submitted, I contacted our agency this afternoon. I was told that although we were in the right timeframe, for some reason the agency in Korea broke up the batch and we were not submitted this month. There is really no rhyme or reason as to why we weren't submitted, it's just one of those things that "is what it is." There are literally days separating us and those that were submitted in terms of when adoption paperwork was received in Korea (this is what determines EP submission).

I'm blown away. I was at work when I contacted our agency so my mini meltdown afterward in my office was a wee bit embarassing, although I don't think anyone really knew (we've been so busy everyone's in their own little world). I called Brian and broke the news to him. Poor guy had to listen to me sobbing on the other end and couldn't do a thing about it. All he needed to do was listen and he did. That's just one of the reasons I love him. :)

After I composed myself and made my face look as presentable as humanly possible, I went and told my boss so that she knew that she'd have me for another month. She was very supportive and sorry for both me and Brian. I think there might be some more crying coming. Just a feeling. Especially since Wesley's 1st birthday is Friday.

Anyway, I know that he's going to be here when he's meant to be. And I know that it's only one more month. But, it just stinks to be this close and not have it happen. It stinks and I'm sorry if I'm a little bit "Debbie Downer" but it really stinks. . .

6 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle :( I am SO SO SO SO sorry. It makes NO sense. My heart just breaks for you. I am so so so sad. :( Hopefully these approvals will go quicker and it won't be the whole month you're prepared for. Hope, hope, hope. It just makes absolutely NO sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie Downer? Don't be silly - you deserve to be sad! I'm super sad on your behalf. Ugh, it really sucks that they broke this one into two batches. We are in the same boat. Have no idea if we made it into the May 17 batch or not. Probably won't know either. I'm so sorry MIchelle. Our sons need to come home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle,
    I'm so sorry. It's so difficult to readjust your life, your time line, and your excitement when there is a delay like this. It's such a roller coaster ride and the lack of control or reason is just too much to bear. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO!!! My heart sinks as I read this. This journey can be so difficult at times and so out of control. When your in this final stage a month does feel like a big deal. So you needed that cry and maybe another Friday. I hope your able to celebrate his birthday and have a great day anyway. We will be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry! Such a disapointment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about the wait Michelle. Wesley is a lucky boy to be coming home to you two.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete