Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Counting Your Chickens Before They Hatch. . . One Step Closer

Today I received an email from our adoption agency requesting that we re-fill out a document we had submitted after we had accepted Wesley's referral (last December). Apparently, there was a typo on the original document (the agency's mistake). We had to sign and notarize 4 copies and get it back to them ASAP. At the end of the email it said, "Eastern is gathering the necessary documents for your son’s exit permission filing, so we need to get this to them immediately." Eastern is the adoption agency in Korea working with our agency to get our Little Peanut to us. Soooo, I immediately forward this email to Brian and call him. I tell him that I'm pretty sure now that we're going to be in the next batch to be submitted for exit permits. He asks me how I know and I tell him about the email. He's floored. I tell him that we HAVE to get this paperwork taken care of at lunch. Luckily, it's something that only needs his signature so he's "on it" and will have it wrapped up and on it's way before I take my lunch break.

Just because I'm a wee bit anal-retentive, I email our agency back and ask her if this means that we're going to be submitted in the next batch. This is where the "chicken" comes in. You have to understand that no one and I mean NO ONE over there wants to commit to anything in terms of predicting travel times, etc. Which I understand, but when you're on the receiving end, it's hard. So, she says. . . "I assume Eastern is working to submit your paperwork in the next filing, but we won’t know for certain until after it is filed. So please try not to “count your chickens before they hatch.”

Well normally, I would err on the side of caution and not get my hopes up. But, all signs point to YES in this case. The last batch went earlier than expected and my gut is telling me YES! This means that we could travel as soon as the beginning of July. JULY!!! What's really bizarre is that I had a very vivid dream of Wesley last night. I had met him for the first time and he was laughing and playing and we were all getting along really well. My Grandma Girsch, my dad's mom (who is no longer alive) was there as if to say she's watching over him until we can get there. Anyway, I feel really good about this - we'll know for sure if we've been submitted at the end of this month/beginning of June. Soooo, stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Big hugs and prayers that you will get good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go ahead and count the chickens! Hopefully there are many! You are on your way! It won't be long!

    I LOVE dreams. It really helps me to visualize and helps a TON through the wait. Congrats!

    We received the news of our Class B on April 15th and we were submitted the first week of May. You're golden. It will be soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope those chickens hatch and you are on your way very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking it means you'll be submitted soon and they just are too scared to commit - so congrats! I am hoping we will be in that next batch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just found your blog and I am also a 12/4 referral and your blog post made me so excited to think that possibly they're starting on the Dec. referrals! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete