Monday, May 17, 2010

New Photos, Video & Updated Info FINALLY!

Brian and I have been on pins and needles waiting for our package from our agency. They recently took a trip to both China and South Korea to visit the adoption agencies there and while in South Korea, they get to see the waiting children and take photos and video for the waiting parents. The photos and video mean so much to Brian and myself but to tell you the truth I was equally DYING to have a health update. We haven't had any info since his referral in November.

Well, this past Friday afternoon we FINALLY received our package (like I always say to my adoption friends "Good things always seem to happen on Fridays"). It was great because I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home on Fridays and Brian works from home so when he brought in the mail (with the package) we could share in the excitement together. We went immediately to the DVD player and popped in the video. It's the best. Words can't describe how surreal it is to watch this little boy and know that soon (hopefully very soon) he will be home with us, sharing our lives, letting us love him. He's grown so much. We started to count how many times the members from our agency and the korean agency said, "Big Boy!" We LOVE it! Here is the video.

I must warn you, the quality isn't the best - this time they took more video than last time and we had to compress the video in order to be able to upload it, thus the quality suffers.



Now, for the stats. I'm assuming that they took this information around 11 months or so, his 1st birthday is at the end of this month - we've got a little chunk on our hands. . .

Height - 30 3/8"
Weight - 25.8 lbs. yes, more than 25 pounds. Whoa!
Teeth - 4 on top, 4 on the bottom
Walking - not yet, just crawling. You'll hear on the video that foster mom is afraid of him pulling up and/or walking because of his size. :)

Here are some photos of our "Big Boy" or as someone on the video calls him "Sumo."


This photo is actually my favorite. I could stare at this sweet face all day long.


Here he is thinking about going for the truck. Hmmmmm.


I love this photo - here's foster mom unloading Wesley from her "carrier." No Baby Bjorns, No Baby Becos here. It's pretty amazing.

We're still waiting on an update regarding our EP (exit permit). We don't expect to hear anything until the end of this month or beginning of June. We're hopeful that we will be in the next batch. Fingers & toes crossed, lots of prayers and anything else we can think of. . .

3 comments:

  1. OH Michelle! Could he BE any sweeter?! Looks like he really like to ham it up for the camera!! Too adorable. I remember from the last video that Foster Mom is so happy and jovial. LOVE her laugh! Thanks for sharing!

    Hoping for good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle. I just found your blog. We are waiting for our little boy too! I love that you gots photos and videos. That's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to get a video!! I wish we could get those. Or any update really. Your son is adorable. I hope you are able to travel soon. We are waiting too (Dec referral from Eastern).

    ReplyDelete