Friday, February 12, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine

This morning my mom, Brian and I went to check out our first day care option. Unfortunately, it is a reality that we both will have to continue to work once Wesley is finally home with us. We will get some "leave" from either our jobs or the state, but after that he is going to have to go to day care for at least 3-4 days a week (Mom has generously offered to watch Wesley one day a week).

The day care was having what they called "Pre-school Prom" which was hilarious. The older kids got to dress up in formal attire and have parties to celebrate Valentine's Day. Very cute. We first met with one of the gals that works closely with the Director and she gave us the rundown of both the infant and toddler rooms. Then, we got the tour. My first instinct was to run over and pick up one of the cute little boys and hug him to pieces. But, I just smiled and waved and said, "Well, hello there."

We were very pleased with all that this particular day care had to offer and although we are still a little uneasy with the whole idea of having to bring him somewhere, this place seems like it would suit him. I've had a few friends that have had their kids go there and they have great things to say. Plus, Mom was impressed which is always a good sign :)

So, we get home (I work from home on Fridays) and I immediately check my email. I'm embarassed to admit it, but it's become an obsession of sorts these days. Many of my fellow adoptive moms/bloggers will understand. When you're waiting for any "news" or photos or ANYTHING, you stalk your email. You stalk other people's blogs to see if they've received anything. You stalk adoption bulletin boards to see what's going on with those people. It's a sickness really. . . Anyway, today I go to the email and there it is. . . an email from our agency contact Marcie. The header just says "Surprise!!!" I don't even know what that means and I start screaming to my mom and my husband to come into the kitchen. "Come here, come here!!!"


I open up the email and I'm shaking, there's an attachment. The email inside says, "We just received pictures of your son! He is getting sooooo big! Have a wonderful weekend."

Finally!!! We get an updated photo of Wesley. We (Mom, Brian and myself) all let out a collective, "Ohhhh!" And, then the "Oh my gosh, he's gotten so BIG!" comments start coming. I'm thrilled that he looks so happy. Foster Mom, Mrs. Park put him in one of the outfits we had sent in our first care package, which I thought was very thoughtful. I can't stop smiling. Brian can't stop smiling. Mom looks very happy too. It's going to be a great weekend. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Michelle. I know that you've waited a long time for new pitures. Congratulations!! He looks so cute, and I agree very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle, he is getting so big! I love that big smile. I'm so glad you get to go into the weekend with this update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wesley is a big guy! What's his percentile? Our little guy is 75-80% and I thought he was big...

    Talking about daycare, we even signed up for parent-infant classes (which started late January and I've been going by myself) but now no baby for us until April! It makes me sad every time I go to the class, even though I know it helps me to listen to other parents' stories and to prepare myself for our baby's arrival. -Erica

    ReplyDelete