Sunday, February 28, 2010

9 Months & Memories from Childhood

Today our Little Peanut turns 9 months old. I can't believe how time flies! Is he crawling? Is he eating solid foods? What words does he say (or attempt to say)? We really don't have much more information about when we expect to travel. I'm hoping that March brings lots of EPs (exit permits) and TCs (travel calls) for those families that have been waiting. The last time I spoke with our agency, we have 15 families ahead of us before we get our EP, which is what the Embassy in Korea issues saying that Wesley is approved to leave the country. Then, there is more paperwork generated on their part (Visa, etc.) and then the TC comes and we go! We would love to be able to get him before his first birthday at the end of May, but no one can predict what may or may not happen at this point.

In the meantime, I received an amazing gift from a childhood friend in the mail earlier this week. We reconnected at my 20 year high school reunion last September. She was pregnant with her first child, so we had a lot to talk about with Brian and I having our first child with Wesley. Anyway, it was Tuesday I believe and I had "one of those days" at work, then headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things. It was pouring rain outside, so I got soaked on the way in and the way out. I came home in a foul mood and looked like a drowned rat. And there it was - a package addressed to me. I quickly opened it up and immediately a smile came across my face. The familiar book almost brought tears to my eyes and all of the frustration and anger I had from the day melted away. I said out loud to my husband, "I LOVE THIS BOOK!" It was one of my all time favorites from my childhood, "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein. It meant a lot to me that this friend thought of us (and Wesley) to send this book for us to enjoy.

Here's one of my favorite poems from the book -

HUG O' WAR
I will not play at tug o'war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Nine months little Wesley! Our daughter turns 10 months in a few days. It's REALLY hard to be away from them, isn't it?

    Fifteen EP's ahead of you! That's not too bad! I love hearing positive things, there are way too many downers to think about! Great news! Hoping March will be an AWESOME month and we will move WAY up on the EP list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my all time favorite children's books too. This wait is so difficult...it feels great to be towards the end but sometimes it still feels so far away. Our little one is almost 10 months as well, I just wish things could be easier and we'd have our kids home sooner. Positive thoughts...positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete