Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wesley's Room Is Complete








We started working on Wesley's room in late November (shortly after receiving his referral) and this past Friday, Brian surprised me by finishing early! I was just finishing up work (Fridays are my work-from-home days) and Brian had the day off, so he was using the time to wrap up the last of the details for the room. For those of you that don't know, he designs and builds furniture in his "spare time" and he was working on a custom dresser/changing table for Wesley. Brian was in the final stages of the piece and just needed to add the removable top to the dresser/changing table. After that, our rocker arrived which ended up being a few days early, so we were all set. While Brian got everything set up or "staged" (as the design community calls it) I had strict instructions to not enter the room. Then, the time came when he came and got me and said, "It's time." So, he took me to the room and "officially" presented it to me.
Although I had worked on it with him and had seen the progress along the way, the final product took my breath away. Especially the dresser/changing table - it was literally a labor of love. Brian also added custom drawers to the white cubbies that we purchased from IKEA. As you will see in the photos above, our "theme" was bubbles or circles which we took from our bedding which had bubbles, fish and some other cool stuff. We applied vinyl stickers on the wall as well as the circular mirrors.
So, with the exception of a few odd and ends that we'll get at a later date, it's done! Now all we need is Little Peanut to fill the room with his sweet face, smiles and laughter.

5 comments:

  1. I love his room. Brian did a great job on the dresser/changing table! Won't be long before Wesley is there to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is beautiful! Your husband did a great job! Now you just need that little one to play and laugh in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my!!! What a great room! Your husband did an awesome job, and how fun to have it all "staged" for you.

    I love the rocker! I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aren't alone in your "funk"...it's great to see those who have been waiting forever finally bring their babies home and hopefully things will move again for the rest of us. Love the room and your hubby is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle - I love how your room is modern and not very childish so that Wesley can grow with it. Bryan is apparently very talented. If he ever wants to start a furniture business, please let me know and I'll be his first customer! I hope Wesley will be home soon to enjoy it. Hang in there! -Erica

    ReplyDelete