Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Waiting Wednesday

One of the adoption moms that I know through the agency and another from the "blog world" have invented "Waiting Wednesdays" - it's a list that is posted on Wednesdays meant to pass the time during this rough patch we're all in right now. Each Wednesday takes on a new "theme" (as far as I understand). Today (although it's the end of the day) I thought that I'd join in. Here's my list:

Top 10 Things I'm Looking Forward To With Wesley

1. First thing obviously, I can't wait to meet him and give him a HUGE hug and kiss (and Brian too).

2. Introducing him to his Grandy and Pops (my Mom and Dad). They've been waiting a long time to meet their first grandchild.

3. Introducing him to his Nanny (Brian's mom) she's the best; an already experienced grandmother, she will have a lot to offer.

4. Seeing him reacting to our cats Niles & Frasier and vice versa. They are our "babies" - we adopted them from a shelter and they've only known us. I don't know if Wesley has been exposed to cats - I'm pretty sure that they're not pet-worthy in Korea.

5. Hearing him laugh (a true belly laugh) for the first time. I think a child's laugh is the best sound in the world.

6. Meeting our friends and their kids, especially those that are close to his age (Kira, Ke'ala & Quinn) and seeing him interact with them.

7. I can't wait to rock him to sleep for the first time.

8. The first time that he reaches for me to pick him up.

9. Hearing him say "Ma Ma" or "Mommy" or any version of the two and actually mean me :).

10. Watching him feel comfortable with both Brian and I and realize that he is home. . .

2 comments:

  1. GREAT list! My boys have a "Nanny" too! It's my Mom's name. It totally fits her, too. My parents are the "ie's" Nanny and Poppy and my in-laws are the "ah's" Grandma and Papa.

    Anyway, I hope that our positive 'vibes' are transcending all the way to Korea and the Ministry will get goin' on all those EP's! Hoping for GREAT news this month!

    Can't wait to see pics of you and Brian lovin' on your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you list, but while waiting on AJ to come home the one thing we constantly talked about was hearing his laugh. I love to hear it!

    I'm praying every day that you and Brian hear about your EP soon.

    ReplyDelete