Tuesday, March 23, 2010

All You Need Is Love

Sometimes it's hard when things aren't going the way that you planned to take a moment, look around and see the blessings and the gifts in your life. In the past few weekends, I've had two showers to celebrate the arrival of our Little Peanut. The first was thrown by some great friends (a.k.a. The Craft Group) of my Mom/family, the second by some of my best girlfriends - we labeled them the "Dream Team." I will have to admit once we received the "news" that we wouldn't be traveling until late Summer, I was a bit worried about attending these two showers. What was I going to say to everyone? Was it strange to be celebrating when our time-line to pick up Wesley is not as close as we originally thought?

Well, my fears were immediately put to rest with the first shower from The Craft Group. It was a wonderful, intimate shower with a collective group of fabulous women. Once I explained to everyone our situation they all were so supportive and positive. And, it was amazing to experience the excitement that they all had to get our sweet boy home.

Below is a photo of the tasty cupcakes the Craft Group served - Mmmmmm!


This past weekend Brian and I attended our Co-Ed Shower thrown by the "Dream Team." Both Brian and I were totally blown away by the creativity, thoughtfulness and consideration that these gals put into the party. It was just what we needed to celebrate Wesley versus dwell on the fact that there is a delay in our travel time. Our guests showed both us and Wesley so much love and support that I literally was brought to tears at times.

It made me realize that we are so unbelievably blessed to have such great friends and family in our lives and that Wesley has so much love waiting for him here at home. And, there is a lot of love being sent to him in Korea in the meantime. :)

Here's a photo of Brian and me with the Dream Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment