Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Words of Inspiration

Brian works with a woman who had a very difficult time 2 years ago. In the same year, she lost her husband and one of her parents. I couldn't even imagine. She managed to handle both losses with grace and courage. I've never met her (she works in another state) yet, between Brian's stories, descriptions and through reading her Christmas cards over the years, I feel like I know her. Anyway, this past Christmas she included in her card two passages from the bible.

When Brian and I read them, we agreed that they spoke to us. So, I thought that I would share them being that they are very timely considering the wait times for many of us and thoughts that leave us wondering why things happen the way they do. :)

Jeremiah 29:11. . . For I know the plans I have for you, says The Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Proverbs 3:5. . . Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing - I LOVE them both!

    I have had to stop visiting the Holt BB too. It just steals away my faith that she is EVER going to come home. I just can't go on there anymore. When AAC calls and tells me I am submitted or approved it will be a complete surprise.

    Your little guy just gets cuter and cuter, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great scriptures and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete