Tuesday, July 13, 2010

8 Months Waiting Today

Today marks 8 months since we received Wesley's referral. I can't believe that this much time has passed. I remember receiving the acceptance paperwork from our agency and the cover letter stating that the wait to travel could be as long as 6-8 months. We were told on the phone 4-6 months. I had called panicking about the 8 months and they said that they just put that down as a precaution but that it shouldn't be that long. And here we are. 8 months, no EP approval.

I know it's coming, it just breaks my heart that we've made it to this point and don't have him home yet. Each day is somewhat of a roller coaster. There's the anticipation of an email or a call with good news and then the big let down when nothing comes at the end of the day. You wake up each day and do it all over again. I try and not think about it, but at this point after really more than 8 months (May '09 was when we started the process) it's all I think about. I just do my best to stay positive and know that meeting him, holding him, caring for him and ultimately bringing him home is right around the corner.

Today, I'm going to think about the joy both Brian and I felt when we got "the call" 8 months ago. First shock. Then, overwhelming joy. Then the tears came. We couldn't stop smiling for days. True happiness. If that's what a call and a photograph could do, imagine what happiness our Little Peanut is going to bring when he actually arrives. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment