Tuesday, July 13, 2010

EP Approved!!!

Go figure that not too long after I post a poopy post, I come home to an absolutely fabulous email from our adoption agency. That will teach me! So, here's how it went down. I left a long day of work to go get my nails done - they needed it BAD! I checked my email from my phone right before I went into the nail salon just in case there might possibly be a late email from someone at the agency. No dice. "Ok, maybe tomorrow" is what I thought to myself and I went about my business. Brian had an event downtown tonight with some fellow designers so after my nails were done, I headed home for dinner solo and a nice glass of vino.

I came in the house, set down my laptop and purse and for some reason checked my email on my phone one more time. By now, it was just about 7:00pm (Pacific Time) and I had been at the nail salon for the past hour, so our agency who is in Colorado had been closed for awhile. And then. . . there it was, an email from "R" titled "Update." My heart started beating fast and I just started yelling, "Oh my God, oh my God!" So, I quickly opened it and it said that our director, "C" who is in Korea right now, called this evening with some "news" and said that Wesley's EP (Exit Permit) was approved and that they expect his Visa Interview (next big step) to take place next week. WHAT??? It's really happening. . . 4 long weeks and it's finally happening.

So, depending on how things go down with the Visa Interview and other items that go along with it (too much to go into) we could be receiving "THE CALL" (the travel call) within the next 2 weeks. Our 11th wedding anniversary is on July 31. Something tells me we will be celebrating in Seoul. :)

7 comments:

  1. You will TOTALLY be celebrating in Seoul!!! Woohoo!!!! I'm so, so, sooooo happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wondeful news! I think because I couldn't find a follow button I have been missing your blog. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPPPEEEEEEEE! So exciting! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear that you got THE CALL! So happy the EP was finally approved. Can't wait to hear the VI has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is it!!! Your time has finally come!! 11th wedding anniversary in Seoul with Wesley - best anniversary ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the last-minute-it-can't-possibly-happen-now emails!!! Just when you think it can't possibly happen - it does! LOVE IT! So happy for you Michelle!

    I think it is SO cool that you *will* be celebrating your Anniversary in Seoul! Totally awesome!

    We waited longer than other families to get our TC after VI and then waited ANOTHER week to fly out. It was tough, but Joye was sick then (a cold) and when we went to get her, she was all better and ready for her forever home. The timing will be PERFECT and you are almost there!!!!

    My heart is SO happy for you and I can't wait to see your journey to Seoul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That's such exciting news after your long wait!!

    ReplyDelete