Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TC "Kind Of" But. . . We're Going To Korea!!!

What a day! This morning when I got into work there was an email waiting for me from our adoption agency, the subject was "Good News." Immediatey I started saying "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" As I kept reading the rest of the email I simultaneously started dialing Brian. He answers and I said, "We got an email. I think THIS IS IT!!!" I read him the email "Wesley had his visa interview yesterday! You can start looking into flights for next week! You should plan a return flight for the end of next week. Please give me a call." WHAT??? Holy Cow! I think this is the TC (a.k.a. the Travel Call) but we're getting it in email form.

So, I hang up with Brian to call our agency to get the scoop. I actually let out a scream while dialing - I can't help it. My heart is beating. My boss comes over and peaks her head into my office, sees me on the phone and mouthes the word "Wesley?" I nod "yes." I get our case worker and say, "Good morning! So, is this 'The Call?'" She replies, "Well, it's more like the 'pre-TC'." Hmmmmm. She goes on to explain that although Wesley had his VI (Visa Interview) he still needs clearance to leave the country and his passport needs to be issued. This all could take up to one more week. So "officially" they weren't giving us the TC.

Although our agency is confident that both of the above mentioned items would be wrapped up by the end of next week, Brian and I wanted to put a little more of a cushion in there for being able to leave Seoul with Wesley. Sooooo, we're planning on leaving California next Wednesday, July 28. That's right - one week from today. ONE WEEK!!!!

We decided to toast to our "pre TC" with a bottle of 2006 Syrah from one of our favorite local wineries.

Today it has been 8 months, 1 week and 1 day since we first saw Wesley's precious face. And, although the wait has been tough at times if the joy and happiness that we both feel right now is any indication of what we're going to feel when we bring him home it is all soooo worth it! We're coming for you Wesley!!! Godspeed little man. . .

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying every sip of that 2006 Syrah! This day is definitely worthy of it. I am so happy for you and Brian. One more week of life as you know it! =) Yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't be happier for the three of you!!! Hooray :) XOs, A, K, D, & B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so happy for you!!! ONE WEEK!!! Yay!! Get packing mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible special way to celebrate your 11th wedding anniversary!!! We are so, so happy for you. Wesley is the luckiest little boy in the whole world. He couldn't possibly be wanted more or wish for a more loving family. You two are going to be awesome parents. Love, José & Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy tears.....

    So excited for the three of you!
    Love,
    Vic, Chip and Lo

    ReplyDelete