Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Night Before We Leave

We're packed. Wesley's packed. Gifts are packed. Holy cow, this is really it. We leave tomorrow for Korea. I'll have to say that it still in a way hasn't hit me. I haven't had any real down time until now (almost 11pm PST) to stop and think about it since I worked today then rushed home to go right into packing mode. And now here we are.

When Brian and I began down the path of starting a family more than 7 years ago I'll be honest that this is not where I thought I'd be today. However, I'm so excited and I couldn't imagine it being any other way. Wesley was meant to be with us and we've seen this in so many ways along this journey. We can't wait to start our lives with him and share the love that we have for this sweet little boy.

The joy that he has already brought to us is inexplicable. We feel so blessed. The stress of prepping for the trip is gone, worries and fears have subsided (for now). I've had my "moment" as Brian and I call it - and I'm enjoying the thought of becoming a parent in a few short days. Stay tuned. . .

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip to Korea! Can't wait to see you with Wesley in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you guys! Enjoy your trip and I can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eyes welling as I read your post. You will be wonderful parents, all three of you are so fortunate to become a family! The ultimate gift for all! Blessings to the Fuller family and your journeys and adventures ahead!
    Love, Mac & Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 years of waiting are all about to come to an end! Forever your life will be different- and your heart expanded in a way you never thought possible. Enjoy every minute I can't wait to see you holding Wesley, your son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so incredibly happy for to be at this stage . Truly , the rest is behind you and I can't put into words how much these next few days will be the biggest and most significant time of your life. Cherish every joyous second that you are about to experience . This is the beginning of your "family". Congratulations!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for the three of you...the road ahead will be filled with many joyous moments, take it all in, get as much rest as possible in the early weeks home, enjoy every second and I wish you all the best! You have a large support group out here should you ever need us! Safe and memorable travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying for an update, Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep thinking...what are they doing now? Have they met Wesley yet? Are they nervous? Excited? Sending lots of hugs to you in S. Korea! - Alison

    ReplyDelete