Thursday, August 12, 2010

1+ Week Home


Yesterday (Wednesday) marked one week that we have been home. In one week's time Wesley has experienced many milestones/firsts. Just on our journey home he had his first car ride, airplane ride and first time in a car seat - big day! As prepared as I thought I/we were for Wesley's arrival, I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I do not yet have an "official" baby book for him. So, I have been recording his "firsts" and important milestones in a journal so that we at least have the information and dates down to transfer when I do finally get around to getting a book.

We went into this first week thinking that it would be one of transition but somewhat uneventful in terms of activity on Wesley's part. We figured that he would spend this time bonding with us and the exploring and such would come later. Well, looking back, we had a pretty busy first week. We visited the doctor's office not one but two times (once for what we thought was more than a cold and once for his first physical). We made the switch from Korean formula to American (Enfamil) formula and then introduced solid foods such as: sweet potatoes (pureed), orzo pasta, green beans (pureed), turkey deli meat and cheese.

We had our first social "outing" to a nearby park and then went shopping that afternoon. And, last night Wesley slept in his room alone in the crib - with the exception of the first night we came home, Brian's been sleeping on the floor each night with Wesley in the crib.

I think there is more sweet potato on his face than in his mouth.
Wesley still has his moments of grieving but overall he's a very happy, active and curious little boy. His pediatrician described him as having a very happy disposition. The last two social visits we've had, we've done outside of the home and they have worked out much better. On Monday, my mom stopped by and we took a nice walk to a nearby park. Wesley did great and ended up in my mom's lap. It was very cute.

He loves his Grandy already.





Although we really aren't on a "schedule" per se with Wesley yet, we are doing our best to roll with it. We're tired, you probably already read the post about me not knowing when I last washed my hair (it's clean by the way), and we eat when we can - but it's still the best thing we've ever done and we wouldn't change a thing. When this little dude looks up at you with these trusting eyes that just melt your heart - nothing else matters. Nothing.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad he's doing so well. He sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle-

    I'm so glad to see you first week went so well. I can't believe it's already been a week. He is so adorable and I love the picture with the sweet potato on his face! Enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely right about melting the heart!! OMG - I just love him!! The first pic of him laughing is my favorite! So happy you guys are doing so well. BTW - you mentioned (on my blog) about having to get smaller sizes....what size pants/shirts did you get? I've been worrying that all of the stuff I've bought for Maddyx will be too big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, he is SO CUTE! I love it! You guys are doing great. And in the crib alone at night?! You know how that makes me feel! Green with envy but also super happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a doll! Loving the posts. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stinkin' cute! I'm so glad everything is going well. I wish I lived closer so I could give ALL of you a congratulatory hug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited and happy for you guys! Wesley is adorable and I can't wait to meet him. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to see your little boy grieving, but with your love and support he will get through this tough time. My prayers are with your new family.
    Lara Tabler

    ReplyDelete