Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good Things

We're in our 3rd week home with Wesley and although there are some things we're working on as well as some challenges (which may just take awhile), we are really starting to get in the groove of things. I still can't believe that he's really here sometimes. In the short time that he has been here, he has brought so much joy into our life. Last night after I put him to bed, I reflected about the day and a few "Good Things" in our world and thought they were "post worthy."

Michelle's Good Things
1. My adoptive mom friend Michelle and her husband leave today for Korea to go pick up their son, Maddyx. Bringing our babies home is always a good thing but Michelle and I have a special connection (in addition to both being in California) and our sons are close in age (and size, hee hee) so I am especially excited for the journey she is about to take. YAY!

2. I haven't blogged about this yet, but we recently found out some wonderful about some neighbors of ours. We actually had not met them, but we found out that a couple up the street from us is adopting from the very same agency that we did and that they just received a referral for a little boy! What are the chances? They came over a week or so ago to introduce themselves, meet Wesley and bring him a gift. How thoughtful is that? We are thrilled for them and to one day (hopefully soon) have a playmate for Wesley that close by. This is definitely a good thing in my book.

3. My mom came over yesterday to watch Wesley. This was a first for all of us. I had a hair appointment (the gray was getting out of control) and we desperately needed to do a good cleaning of the house since our first post-placement visit by our social worker is this afternoon. So, we had my mom come to hang out, play, etc. with Wesley while I was gone and while Brian got started on "Project Clean Up." Like I said, this was a first - so, we didn't quite know what to expect from Wesley. Well, he did great! When he started the day off with a greeting of smiles and kicking his feet for his Grandy, I had a feeling things would be OK. They played, read books, ate lunch and shared a lot of laughs. In turn, we were able to get a lot done. Thank you Grandy - Wesley says, "Come back soon."

4. As I mentioned in the above Good Thing, our first post-placement visit from our social worker is today. I label this as a Good Thing because it brings us one step closer to finalizing Wesley's adoption. We have a total of 4 of these visits over the course of 6 months. I am hopeful that all will go smooth. Stay tuned. . .

5. My last Good Thing is the outpouring of love that we have experienced since we have arrived home. Whether it's been from friends, family or neighbors, it's been absolutely amazing. From homemade meals, to thoughtful cards and generous gifts for Wesley, we are constantly reminded what special people we are surrounded by. It does not go unnoticed and we feel blessed to have each and everyone one of you in our life.

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you have so many things to be happy for. Love the picture! Isn't life grand??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of you three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the family photo! These are all REALLY good things. I know it's hard to find the good things when things are still a bit foggy in those first few weeks homeand it's really nice you can still find these. That's so great that your neighbors are embarking on the same journey. It is incredible to have people nearby who totally get it ...

    ReplyDelete